St. Cecilia Patroness of Musicians

Hey y'all!!


Today is the feast day of St. Cecilia. She is one of my patron saints so I thought I would make a post about her.



St. Cecilia lived in the early days of the church. On her wedding night, she was praying to her guardian angel and her husband, Valerian, came into the room and saw her angel.

He wanted to know who the angel was so Cecilia told him to go see the pope. Valerian and his brother were received into the Church and were martyred shortly after.

Cecilia was ordered to give up her faith and she refused.

She was imprisoned in her bathhouse which was heated to a very high temperature.

Cecilia was left in the bathhouse for three days. She remained unhurt.

The judge ordered her to be beheaded. The executioner struck her three times and her head was partially severed from her body. She lay on ground for three days and expired on the third day.

St. Cecilia is the patron saint of musicians. Its great that I'm named after her cause I sing a lot. I mean a LOT.

My family has to continually tell me to be quiet cause I keep singing.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment and I'll answer as soon as possible!

Love,

-Lia

2 comments:

  1. I love St. Cecilia too, I've been more if an instrumentalist than a singer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Cecilia is one of my favorite saints!

    ReplyDelete