- They are playing Christmas music. You love Christmas music. But it isn't after Thanksgiving, so you stubbornly refuse to sing along out of principle.
- You end up singing anyway because your favorite comes on.
- Remember the truck thing I whined about? Guess what....I did it again. Why? WHY? *
- Slush. Yuck
- And snow. Except for the first day when everything is nice and crisp. After that...it can go
- I DO NOT LIKE BEING COLD
- I go into panic mode as I realize it is almost time for Christmas shopping and I must begin the mad scrabble to guy things for people. And make sure I don't forget anybody.
- Misplacing Christmas presents and finding them a few weeks after Christmas.
Or a few months.
- Forgetting people while Christmas shopping and having to rush out at the last minute
- WHO do I need to buy stuff for again?
- So. Many. People. In. The. Stores. *gag*
- IT IS OCTOBER! WHY IS YOUR CHRISTMAS STUFF UP!
For people who don't procrastinate, you say?
Ha ha. You can't fool me. Those people are myths!
- I love to wrap things. But I also procrastinate. So you'll either get a
beautifully wrapped gift or it'll have a towel thrown over it.
- The winter wind blowing your hair...back into your lipstick...
- Knocking over the Christmas tree or even just seeing it fall
(If you see it fall from across the room, do not yell TIMBER!)
- So festive!
- Christmas music
- Scarves and people walking about with smiles and coffee cups in hand
- EGGNOG! EGGNOG! EGGNOG! EGGNOG!
- Am I Christmas shopping or is it for me? Hahaha. You'll never know!
- CHRISTMAS MUSIC
- I am the best at hiding things. I am practically a squirrel. (Sometimes I forget when they are though.)
- First snow
- Decorating the house
- Putting up the tree with your family and everyone being covered in tiny plastic needles by the time it is over
- Taking out your favorite ornament
- When you find the perfect gift and your just like: Yes! This! This is perfect. and then wait smugly for them to unwrap it on Christmas day
- Getting a sibling something weird as a prank and watching them just kind of stare at it in confusion for a couple minutes while everyone laughs hysterically
- CRANBERRY PUDDING WITH IRISH WHISKEY SAUCE
- Midnight Mass
- Coming up your drive and seeing your house decked out in lights and wreaths and garlands
- Forcing your pets to wear ridiculous outfits and laughing at their annoyed expression
- Doing the same to small children and taking pictures of them for future blackmail
- Christmas movies
By the way, comment your favorite Christmas movie!
(Or any movie set during the winter holidays.)
(And no, Leap Day does not count as a winter holiday)
*For all you newcomers (first of all, Hi)
The Truck thing is the fact that I will see a nice truck in the parking lot and will stare at it. And I never look at the cab first, so after I have stared at the bed, back wheels, side, etc THEN I notice the owner sitting in their car. Often, they are busy with whatever they are doing and don't notice me. But a few times I have slowly looked up to meet the amused eyes of this guy who has been sitting their watching me check out his truck.