Kat Spills the Beans and Says Goodbye

Oh boy.

The drama that's going to spill after this.

This post was written before Lia finished hers, so it's rather hard for me to play off her themes and all that so I'm just going to go with it.







HEY BTW


MAKE SURE YOU READ LIA'S POST FIRST









 Did you do that?







Ok good.







Moving on. 

This blog is the first blog that really got Lia into blogging and the first time I really stepped into this end of the blogging world. You could, in fact, blame everything on an English class I took my sophomore year of high school at the community college near me. We had to start a blog about what we wrote for our class project and now...

Can you believe we've been blogging since 2016? So much has happened! We've had tons of comments, tons of friends and tons of posts! (My favorite post being, of course, the Banana Cream Pie one and this one.)


But it is time for our time blogging on Catholic Girl Stuff to come to an end. Lia and I have both moving on to different areas in our lives and we need to stop holding on to the past to really do so. And I really hate doing things halfway and that's basically all this blog has been for the past year or so: half-hearted effort and last minute posts.

I think the thing I will miss most about it is doing the "dual posts" with Lia. Hopefully, we'll be able to continue them on Lia's blog.


And now...the beans.
As promised.


This is actually kind of hard for me to do, even though I've been planning it for a while.

It is time for my secret identity to be revealed.







































































I'm MK from Sarcastic Scribblings, y'all.




































No.








































I'm not joking.











Why did I do this?

1. It amused me

2. I wrote a guest post (I'll try and find it and link it in the comments) and Ivie Brooks asked me if Kat and MK were the same people. I don't remember what I said, but I ended up having two friends come to the rescue and be like, "Um. No. Of course not!"
And then I was kind of stuck?

3. I started Sarcastic Scribblings because I wanted to blog without people I knew following my blog. This was in part because I wanted to gain followers etc on my own to feet, so to speak and get honest feedback on my writing. It was also because Lia uses the email linked to CGS as a personal email and talked to a lot of people I also know. Therefore, they knew about the blog and with every post, I put up I'm kind of thinking about them in the back of my mind.  It made it so that I could blog about whatever I wanted on Sarcastic Scribblings. I read a book that I wouldn't necessarily recommend to everyone I know because it has some questionable content but I still enjoyed the overall story?
I can feel free to blog about it.
It gave me the ability to be who I am and who I want to be.
And now?


Well, I kind of hope that all the people I know + was worried who were following this blog have lost interest and moved on. But honestly?
If they're still here they either like what I'm writing or they're one of the sad lurkers who just kind of quietly check on what you're up to.

I'm doing great, lurkers.




And if I 'fess up, then I can do dual posts with Lia after this, so there's that.
That's honestly one of the biggest driving factors.




Am I still a little hesitant? Yes.
Am I doing it anyway? Also yes.




It's time to stop letting the opinions of other people stop me.
And it's time to let CGS go so Lia and I can move on.










Onward into the bright future.
Goodbye Catholic Girl Stuff.










And let the drama in the comment section begin!


-MK/Kat



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I kind of suspected that y'all were one and the same after a while, but I thought I was being crazy. >.<

      Anyways, I'll miss this blog and its content!

      Delete
    2. If anyone was crazy it was me for commenting on my own posts.
      Poor Lia and Catherine. They were the only two bloggers who KNEW and every time I did something like that I could just imagine their exasperated faces. Like DID YOU JUST DO A GUEST POST WITH YOURSELF?

      Thank you! You and the other readers were an important part of our time here

      Delete
  2. XD Well that was a plot twist. Glad you guys still have your separate blogs, so it's not like we're losing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Ivie is going to be smug forever. Alas.

      That's the big reason I revealed who I am. I didn't want Kat to just fade away into the unknown.
      Hopefully, Lia and I will even be able to do our dual posts after this... so it won't really be all that different.

      Delete
    2. Excuse me?

      nah, forget it, you know me too well. XD

      Delete
  3. Lol don't be. I was honestly THIS close to telling you when you asked on that guest post.

    I love how you're like FIGHT ME. I WILL FIGHT THE HATERS.
    It's more of a not wanting to corrupt smol children I know. I really don't think it'll be that big of a deal? I don't actually care what people think about me so it all kind of works out.
    (Mainly I didn't want the couple annoying guys I know to find it and then start reading it. But that was also in a Stop. Keep your gross annoy-ness away from my happy place. Not that they'd do anything...just knowing that they're reading it would make me associate the blog with them somehow. lol)

    OOH. NAME REVEAL
    (As if I won't mentally think of you as Ivie forever. You'll be a NYT best seller or something and I'll show up @ a book signing like IVIE! Hey! and everyone will be confused.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WILL FIGHT THE HATERS FOR YOU. we may go to war over who will rule the world someday, but I WILL fight your haters. :D

    HAHAHA, but one problem with that. You can't show at a book signing when you're already a V.I.P member. ;) <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That's so stinking funny and good. I wish I could do that ;p And commenting on your own posts! Man, I'd have a blast ; D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hilarious!! But, I can't believe that I didn't see it until now! I'm glad that I can keep reading on your guys's separte blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the perspective on this. This sounds interesting .Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete