Music of the Week #3

Hey guys!

I know I missed a week with this but it was the week before Christmas so I was a little stressed.

This week has a theme....

Here we go

Musicals!!!!!!!!!


I love musicals so much. Anyone who knows me knows that if they say a word that comes from a musical I will automatically start singing the song.


Onward!!!



Les Miserables- One Day More.
Okay so it was really hard to pick a favorite song from this musical cause I have so many favorites.
But this one holds a special place in my heart. It starts out with each individual parts and then close to the end everyone sings their parts together and I just sdkjlaksdhfjs




Phantom of the Opera- Music of the Night
I first listened to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack when I was four years old. The 2004 movie had just come out and my sisters had become obsessed with it. So I got to listen to it too. Soon enough four year old me was going around the house singing 'Angel of Music'. I didn't fully like this song until I was 12 then it became my favorite song.


Into the Woods- No One is Alone
I didn't see Into the Woods until a year ago so I didn't get into this one at first. I heard this song and I started to cry. This song is so beautiful and has a message that is strong.


Wicked- Popular
This song cracks me up. It has a good beat and is just really funny. My sister and I sing this one all the time. (me as Glinda) I exaggerate my facial expressions a lot.



Hamilton- It's Quiet Uptown
Everyone who is a fan of Hamilton is probably freaking out right now reading this. I wasn't into Hamilton at first, I thought it was weird that people were freaking out about a musical about Alexander Hamilton. Boy, was I wrong. I was so wrong. I finally decided to listen to the soundtrack last week to see what all the fuss was about. I finished that album and just sat there in shock(and tears too, the last song gets me) This musical was written so well and I was completely flabbergasted.
It's Quiet Uptown is my favorite song from this musical. I cried so hard listening to this for the first time.


So that was fun! I will probably have another musical themed one cause I definitely did not cover all of my favorite musicals.
Comment down below what your favorite musicals are. (and tell me what your experiences with Hamilton are, I'd love to know if anyone else likes it on here)


Love,
-Lia

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big musical geek too, though I prefer the older ones. I love Sound of Music, Oklahoma, Calamity Jane, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, some music from Phantom of the Opera, and probably a few more that I've forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete