Awkward and Awesome: Winter, Holidays, Etc

Awkward:

  • They are playing Christmas music. You love Christmas music. But it isn't after Thanksgiving, so you stubbornly refuse to sing along out of principle. 
      
  • You end up singing anyway because your favorite comes on.
     
  • Remember the truck thing I whined about? Guess what....I did it again. Why? WHY? *
     
  • Slush. Yuck
     
  • And snow. Except for the first day when everything is nice and crisp. After that...it can go
     
  • I DO NOT LIKE BEING COLD
     
  • I go into panic mode as I realize it is almost time for Christmas shopping and I must begin the mad scrabble to guy things for people. And make sure I don't forget anybody.
     
  • Misplacing Christmas presents and finding them a few weeks after Christmas.
    Or a few months.
    Or never.
     
  • Forgetting people while Christmas shopping and having to rush out at the last minute
     
  • WHO do I need to buy stuff for again? 
     
  • So. Many. People. In. The. Stores. *gag*
     
  • IT IS OCTOBER! WHY IS YOUR CHRISTMAS STUFF UP!
    For people who don't procrastinate, you say?
    Ha ha. You can't fool me. Those people are myths!
     
  • I love to wrap things. But I also procrastinate. So you'll either get a beautifully wrapped gift or it'll have a towel thrown over it.
     
  • The winter wind blowing your hair...back into your lipstick...
     
  • Knocking over the Christmas tree or even just seeing it fall
    (If you see it fall from across the room, do not yell TIMBER!)


Awesome:

  • So festive!
     
  • Christmas music
     
  • Scarves and people walking about with smiles and coffee cups in hand
     
  • EGGNOG! EGGNOG! EGGNOG! EGGNOG!
     
  • Am I Christmas shopping or is it for me? Hahaha. You'll never know!
     
  • CHRISTMAS MUSIC
     
  • I am the best at hiding things. I am practically a squirrel. (Sometimes I forget when they are though.)

  • First snow
     
  • Decorating the house
     
  • Putting up the tree with your family and everyone being covered in tiny plastic needles by the time it is over
     
  • Taking out your favorite ornament
     
  • When you find the perfect gift and your just like: Yes! This! This is perfect. and then wait smugly for them to unwrap it on Christmas day
     
  • Getting a sibling something weird as a prank and watching them just kind of stare at it in confusion for a couple minutes while everyone laughs hysterically
     
  • CRANBERRY PUDDING WITH IRISH WHISKEY SAUCE
     
  • Midnight Mass
     
  • Coming up your drive and seeing your house decked out in lights and wreaths and garlands
     
  • Forcing your pets to wear ridiculous outfits and laughing at their annoyed expression
     
  • Doing the same to small children and taking pictures of them for future blackmail
     
  • Christmas movies
     

 By the way, comment your favorite Christmas movie!
(Or any movie set during the winter holidays.)
(And no, Leap Day does not count as a winter holiday)

-Kat
 and Lia-



*For all you newcomers (first of all, Hi)

The Truck thing is the fact that I will see a nice truck in the parking lot and will stare at it. And I never look at the cab first, so after I have stared at the bed, back wheels, side, etc THEN I notice the owner sitting in their car. Often, they are busy with whatever they are doing and don't notice me. But a few times I have slowly looked up to meet the amused eyes of this guy who has been sitting their watching me check out his truck.


2 comments:

  1. Good heavens, Kat....*shakes head*

    Greatly enjoyed this post, girls!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good heavens Kat what? Or rather, to which one?

      Besides, its not like you can tell who wrote what...

      (Actually you probably can...)

      Delete