Time Flies When You're Panicking and Don't Want To Grow Up










(*Awww* So cute)







Can you believe that an ENTIRE YEAR HAS PASSED SINCE CGS STARTED? 

Because it has. 

And I am freakin' out. 

*Screaming* Me too!!

I mean, look: 
My first post (not counting that one creepy welcome post) was THIS.  
That's right! It's the "Try not to cringe challenge!"
(I failed)



My welcome one wasn't much better. *cringing so hard right now*
My first official post was just as bad *still cringing*

(Hey, Lia failed too! We all failed. Wow. [Comment if you failed too!])

I'd like to think we got better. :)

(Because she's a lovely positive person)

Wow, I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that its been a year since we started.

Kat was talking to me one day and said, "HEY WE SHOULD START A BLOG!"  I didn't think much of it til she called me and told me she created it and now here we are.

I literally did. We mentioned it once, I got bored (this is how most of our crazy stories began) and then a created a gmail account and a blogger account, set everything up. And then I called her the next day like "Lia! I started a blog. Here's the account name and password." and she was like "Whaa?" 

(We do have a lot of crazy stories, we could probably write a book.)

Then she told me to write a welcome blog post, which I did. *directs you to cringyness up above*
It was so short but I didn't really know what else to say. 

(Yes. So you can blame me for the Welcome Posts. BLOGGING TIP: Don't make a welcome post. JUST START POSTING and then make a "About Me" page or something.) 

I remember how excited I was when we got our first follower. I'm excited for every new follower :)
Thank you for following us. 

I remember hitting 100 views, then 1,000. (we were going to post about that but....that didn't happen)
Then we hit 5,000 views!!!! Oh my word! 


So we started this blog and we were super excited and motivated! We're going to do all these posts! A bunch of Catholic Stuff. A bunch of girl stuff....

And then we never post anything.

Well, that's not true. I never post anything. Ever. 

And it annoys me since I'm very "A post must go up this day, at this time." 

And I don't post anything. 

(*is trying to fix this*)

Anyway...

This blog is kind of fun, since we're kind of blogging opposites? 

I like scheduled posts that come up at a certain time and on a certain day and Lia posts when ever she gets inspiration. 

I don't like anyone knowing anything about me or my personal life and Lia is a little more open with y'all. 

(And if that Y'all confused you....No. I am not from TX.) 

Every time she says something like "We should do a Q&A post! Or an "This Is What We Do In RL Post!" I kind of tense up like 
"No." 
"The people cannot know."
*small scream*
"No"
"Why"


Yeah, that's what she does :) Kat's an introvert while I am an extrovert. But I wouldn't change her for the world. (Which is a good thing, since I don't change. Classic. Timeless. Really really stubborn) There is no other person I would rather blog with. 

Do I have to say something nice and cutest about Lia now too? 
*blows raspberry*  
She knows she's awesome and means a lot to me and if somebody made her cry I would gladly kill them.

(Of course I would gladly kill a lot of people, so don't mind me)

Thank you all for coming on this journey with us, and I hope we continue to blog for many more years. 

We are also sorry that we drug you along with us all this time. If you carry something sharp in your pocket (or have good teeth) you might be able to sever the ties, but if not we'll be yanking you along for some time yet!


-Lia 
and Kat-




11 comments:

  1. What's wrong with Texas?!
    Jk, y'all are so funny. You should do more joint posts, they're hilarious! Kat, I feel like we're really similar. Except I wouldn't be able to kill anybody. XD

    God bless y'all and congrats! This is an awesome achievement. I'm off to go look at that first post. Don't feel bad, mine is cringeworthy, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cringey posts! Yay!

      Nothing is wrong with TX, it's the best. I just didn't want all my lovely Texas readers to get all excited and then I'd have to squash your hopes and dreams...

      -Kat

      Delete
    2. Ah, I understand. Do you live in the south, though?

      Delete
  2. Is it seriously your first Blogoversary????

    Wow.

    I remember when you two started this thing. And look at what's happened in this year alone!

    You now have 11 followers, and 6500+ views. Lia has branched out into her own blog. Y'all have a lot to be proud of!

    Can't wait to see what the next year brings!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually forgot it was our blogoversary....
      (whoops)
      Lia sent me an email asking what we should do and I read it and just sat there for a couple minutes like "It's been one year?"

      -Kat

      Delete
    2. I think she would lose her head if I wasn't around XD

      -Lia

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY! *throws confetti* WHOOP!!! I'm so happy for y'all! (I am from Tx, lol. :P)

    My first two months worth of posts are so cringy, I need to delete them... XD

    I'm so glad I found this blog, even though I'm not catholic! Y'all are so inspiring, and your posts are all amazing. :)

    Here's to a great blogging year. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO NOT DELETE CRINGEY OLD POSTS!

      They are extremely helpful to other people. Because some day some brand new baby blogger will find your blog and think "Wow. This is awesome!" but then they will think they can't ever be that good. they'll look at their own posts and think "this is horrible"

      But then as they're stalking your blog because you are now their idol, they will see your cringey old posts and be all "Lol. Their old posts are worse then mine!" and they'll feel better about themselves and grow to be confident bloggers

      -Kat

      Delete
  4. Yaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!! *throws confetti at you*

    Congratulations, girls, you are amazing (not to mention absolutely hilarious!) I love the joint posts, too :)

    By the way, I think you've done a pretty incredible job blogging saying as how I've been blogging *cough* seven years, and never gotten close to half 85 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly me, did I really just type seven? Ugh, my poor brain. I meant three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma!!! Wow, I was going to say, congrats on seven years of blogging but typos happen to all of us :D

      -Lia

      Delete